Weighted Squat 2 sets of 15
Side squat 2 sets of 12
Push up 2 sets of 15
15 jog in spot /3 squats ( alternate jog and squat) 1 minute
Bicep Curl with Squat 2 sets of 15
Hammer Bicep Curl with lunges 2 sets of 15
Prone Rows (Reverse grip to hit biceps if needed) 2 sets of 15
Mountain Climbers 1 minute
Linge & Twist (While holding a dumbbell) 2 sets of 12
Side squat 2 sets of 15 ( can put the weight down and pick it up)
Bent Over Rows 2 sets of 15
Running - High Knees 1 minute
Dumbell Flyes 2sets of 15
Crunches of choice 2 sets of 20
Jumping Jacks 1minute
Donkey Kicks 2 sets of 15 per leg
Do the Circuit once or twice or maybe even three times!!! Push yourself!! I know you can!
Common Mistakes when trying to incorporate changes into your Lifestyle!!
1. Don't Diet or Cut out carbs, fats or proteins. Instead make healthy lifestyle changes. Eat 5-6 small well balanced meals throughout the day.
2. Not having goals ot having vague goals like 'lose weight' is not enough,to see success you need to set achieveable, specific, clear and measureable goals.
3.Do more then just go through the motions, put your heart and soul into it.
4.Be sure not to give up when things get tough or you get off track. Choose to stay dedicated through every hurdle, step, bump or situation that crosses your path.
5. Willpower' and trying to change by force are not what you need, you need to focus on lifestlye changes and establishing life long habits.
6.If your going to dedicate time to working out..... try to train with intensity, get the most you can out of every minute of it!! Push yourself!
7. Dont Focus on trivial things or fads etc... Instead Focus on the things that really matter (eating well, working out and being consistent).
8. Try to exchange your ideas that food is for pleasure and avoid Emotional eating, try looking at Eating food for fuel, health and energy. Look at it for its intended purpose!
9. Try to be consistent 90% of the time... and recognize it is okay to enjoy the odd indulgence or have a cheat meal. This is a lifestyle and thinking that it is all or nothing will sabotage that lifestyle. Focus on consistency and balance. This journey requires life long changes. Remember that everything counts so dont overdue those little teats or treats.
10 Don't expecting results over night, you need to be patient with yourself and your results. This is a journey not a race!
Always Rememeber to Love Yourself, keep a positive attitude...no negative self talk!!! Be the BEST you can be! We are all different, love your differences!!
Stand with feet together. Squat down and place your hands on the floor next to
your feet. In an explosive movement, jump feet backwards into a push-up
position, jump feet back between hands and stand up. Perform 10 reps, march in
place for a few seconds and repeat 10 more reps.
Begin in pushup position on a ball, chair or floor. Perform 4 pushups, abs in and
back straight. On the 5th pushup, lower halfway down and hold for 4 counts.
Push back up and repeat the series - 4 regular pushups and 1 half hold. Repeat
for 30-60 seconds.
Begin with feet together and jump up, taking feet out to the side while
circling arms overhead and land in a squat. Jump up and bring feet back
together, circling arms back in. This is just like a slow jumping jack, but
really use power when pushing up into the jumps. Repeat for 30-60
Start at one end of the room, holding weights if desired, and step forward with right
leg. Bend both knees to 90 degree angles, lowering body into a lunge (keep
front knee behind the toe). Bring the left foot forward and step into a lunge.
Continue lunging, alternating legs for 30-60
Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right
knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the
way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with
the left foot. Continue for 1 minutes, alternating jumping jacks and
Wall Sit with Chest Squeeze
Hold a medicine ball (or just press the hands together if you have no equipment) and
slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor while squeezing
the ball. Hold this position and keep pressure on the ball as your straighten
the arms out in front of you and slowly pull them back in. Repeat the chest
squeezes in and out for 30-60 seconds and stand
Stand with feet together. Bend the knees and jump to the right as far as you
can--think of jumping laterally rather than vertically. Land with soft knees
and immediately jump laterally to the left. Repeat for 30-60
March in Place
Take a few seconds to catch your breath.
Stand with feet together and hold arms straight out in front of you at mid-torso
level. Jog in place, bringing knees high enough that they hit your hands (don't
lower hands!). Repeat for 30-60 seconds.
Sit on a chair or bench with hands next to the hips. Lift up and take the hips
forward, just in front of the bench. Bend the elbows and lower down until
elbows are about 90 degrees. Squeeze the triceps to push back up and repeat
In a pushup position (on knees or toes), perform one pushup. As you come up, shift weight
to left arm, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the
ceiling in a side plank. Lower the arm back to the floor for another pushup and
then twist to the other side. Repeat for 30-60
Here is some advice or tips to help you eat sensibly over the holidays!!
Coreen is a Personal Trainer and Lifestyle coach who loves to share Health and Wellenss information to help motivate others.